- WISE Article in the May 2005 GEWEX Newsletter
- WISE report for GEWEX SSG 2006
- WISE STRATEGY FOR CEOP November 2006
Related to WISE:
- Special Issue of Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc, volume 81, 2000: Understanding changes in weather and climate extremes and their impacts
- WMO Statement on Extreme Weather (12 December 2003)
- Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc, 2004 and 2005; State of the Climate (contains summaries of extremes)
- Alexander et al., 2005: Global observed changes in daily climate extremes of temperature and precipitation.
- Easterling D.R., et al., 2000: Observed variability and trends in extreme climate events: a brief review. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 81, 417-425.
- Groisman et al., 2005: Trends in intense precipitation in the climate record. J. Climate, 18, 1326-1350.
- Heim, 2002: A review of twentieth-century drought indices used in the United States. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 83, No. 8, 1149�1165.
- Meehl, G.A., et al., 2000: An introduction to trends in extreme weather and climate events: observations, socioeconomic impacts, terrestrial ecological impacts, and model projections. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 81, 413-416.
- Meehl, G.A., et al., 2000: Trends in extreme weather and climate events: issues related to modeling extremes in projections of future climate change. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 81, 427-436.
- Semenov, Bengtsson, 2002: Secular trends in daily precipitation characteristics: greenhouse gas simulation with a coupled AOGCM. Climate Dyn., 19, 123-140
- Trenberth, K. E., T. R. Karl, 2003: Modern global climate change. Science. 302, 1719-1723
- Trenberth, et al., 2003: The changing character of precipitation. Bull. Amer. Meteor. Soc., 84, 1205-1217
- Zwiers F.W., Kharin V.V., 1998: Changes in the extremes of the climate simulated by CCC GCM2 under CO2 doubling. J. Climate, 11, 2200-2222